|F2||Out of Balance|
|F3||Outer Door open|
|F4||Inner Door open|
|F7||Tacho open circuit|
|F10||Over speed (motor triac failure)|
|F11||No Motor action|
|F12||Invalid temp signal|
|F15||Gear change failure (too slow)|
|F16||Not stopping ( motor triac failure)|
|F18||Gear change failure (too quick!)|
Dyson Washing Machine Troubleshooting
Some solutions may require you to disconnect the electricity and water supply.
Symptom: LCD display is blank
Possible Causes: There is no power to the machine.
Solutions: Ensure the machine is plugged in and switched on. Check the fuse and also that the circuit breaker has not tripped.
Symptom: Certain spin speeds, temperatures or soil types cannot be selected.
Possible Causes: There are limits set on these options for each programme to prevent unsuitable options being selected.
Solutions: See section 9 02 for the programme options wash table.
Symptom: Burning smell
Possible Causes: Transit packaging not removed.
Solutions: Remove top, rear and front packaging, see section 4 01.
Symptom: Clothes warm at end of cycle
Possible Causes: Hot and cold pipes reversed.
Solutions: Check orientation of hot and cold pipes.
Symptom: Machine shakes during the cycle
- 2 adjustable front feet are not level.
- Rollerjack handle has not been replaced under the machine.
- Adjust feet until the machine is level, see section 5 03.
- Return the RollerjackTM handle carefully to its position under the machine, see section 4 01.
Symptom: Cannot open outer door
- Machine has not finished the cycle.
- Machine has paused and the water level is too high or the water is too hot.
- Child lock is active.
- Power cut or any other cause not listed above.
- Wait for the machine to finish the cycle before opening the door. To cancel the wash hold down the ‘Cancel’ button.
- Press ‘Start’ to resume the wash.
- Hold down the ‘Minimum iron’ button until ‘Child lock off’ is shown on LCD.
- Follow the ‘Emergency door release’ instructions in section 10 03.
Symptom: Machine leaks water
- Coin trap cover is not in place, or the plug is not closed.
- Machine is not level.
- Drainage hose is not connected correctly.
- Inlet hoses are not positioned or correctly fitted.
- Soap tray is open.
- Turn off the water supply to the machine and ensure that the coin trap cover is correctly fitted and that the plug is closed, see section 10 02.
- Adjust the feet until the machine is level, see section 5 03.
- Check the drainage hose is draining into a suitable place (drain, sink or standpipe), see section 5 02.
- Ensure the hoses are fitted correctly, see section 5 02.
- Close the soap tray.