Bosch – a multinational technology and engineering company that is located in Gerlingen, Germany. Founded by Robert Bosch the company is currently offering 92% of its resources towards scientific and cultural discoveries that can help continue its work in the field. Offering the world some of the best research advances in the field. Making sure the corporation is not only making a profit by leaving a positive mark on the world.
Offering a wide range of products the company offers many luxurious and everyday choices that work well in your home or office space. Along with kitchen appliances the company focuses on power tools and vehicles that can help shape the future. A leading brand that took the world by storm and has a great hold on most continents of the world.
Bosch may be one of the best there is, but even the best of the products can at times come face to face with an error code. When that happens you can either waste a lot of money and take it in for a check, or you can note down the code and match it using the error code list below. Offering you direct insight on how to fix your appliance.
|E01||Fridge compartment Sensor break / short circuit.|
|E02||Freezer compartment Sensor break / short circuit.|
|E03||Temperature-controlled drawer temperature sensor is defective.|
|E04||Malfunctions in the condenser temperature sensor of the freezer.|
|E06||Fridge evaporator sensor No failure message during normal operation. After auto diagnostic test, E06 is displayed, if evaporator sensor fails.|
|E07||Freezer evaporator sensor. No failure message during normal operation. After auto diagnostic test, E07 is displayed, if evaporator sensor fails.|
|E10||Power module software failure.|
|E11||Display module software failure.|
|E15||Ambient Sensor break / short circuit.|
|E20||Communication error between power and display module.|
|E21||Communication error between display control module and the ice and water dispenser control module.|
|DOOROPEN||When the door remains open for longer 30 s.|
|LOWPOWER||Not working, until the voltage is above 85 V US / 165 V EU.|
Warning Messages Display
If several warning messages are displayed simultaneously, deal with each message individually. While a warning message is displayed, buttons cannot be pressed.
Sensor fault: DOOR OPEN Alarm.
Cause: An appliance door has not been closed properly or has been open too tong.
Remedial action: Ctosethe door. The display goes out.
Sensor fault: E01 alarm
Cause: A technical defect is possible.
Remedial action: Conduct an appliance self test.
Sensor fault: LOW POWER alarm
Cause: The mains voltage has dropped below the permitted limit value.
Remedial action: Buttons cannot be pressed. When the mains voltage reaches the stipulated value again, the warning message goes out. If the warning message is prolonged, inform your power supply company.
Fault: Appliance has no cooling capacity. The interior light does not function. The display does not come on.
Possible cause: Powerfailure; the fuse has actuated; he mains plug is not in properly
Remedial action: Checkthat the power is on. The fuse must be switched on. Checkthat the mains plug is plugged in.
Fault: The refrigerating unit switches on more and more frequently and for longer.
- Appliance dooropened frequently.
- Largequantities of fresh food placed in the appliance
- The ventilation openings are covered
- Do not open the door unnecessarily
- Switch on Superfunction
- Removeobstaclesand dirt
Fault: The temperature in the refrigerator compartment is too cold.
Possible cause: Temperature has been set too tow.
Remedial action: Set a warmer temperature.
Fault: The interior light does not function.
- The bulb is defective
- The light switch is sticking
- Changethe bulb
- Check whether it can be moved
Fault: The appliance is giving off odors.
Possible cause: Strong-smeltingfoods have not been packed in airtight containers
Remedial action: Cleanthe appliance. Pack strong-smeltingfoods in airtight containers
Control and Display Panel
Icemaker Fault Display
If an error code occurs do the following control according to the following action list.
|1 1 1||Ice production cycle is interrupted.|
|1 2 1||Ice production cycle is interrupted.|
|1 3 1||Ice production cycle is interrupted.|
|1 4 1||Ice tray heater or icemaker electronic is faulty.|
|2 1 1||Sensor fault in ice maker|
|2 2 1||Sensor fault in ice maker.|
|2 3 1||Internal ice maker fault.|
|2 4 1||Self Test Failed as Door was open.|
|3 1 1||Internal ice maker fault|
|3 1 2||Icemaker motor faulty|
|3 1 3||Water valve of icemaker faulty|
|3 1 4||Ice tray heater is faulty.|
|3 1 5||Icemaker inlet water heater problem.|
|3 2 1||Internal ice maker fault|
|3 2 2||Icemaker motor faulty|
|3 2 3||Water valve of icemaker faulty|
|3 2 4||Ice tray heater is faulty.|
|3 2 5||Icemaker inlet water heater problem.|
|3 3 2||Internal ice maker fault|
|3 3 3||Internal ice maker fault|
|3 3 4||Internal ice maker fault|
|3 3 5||Internal ice maker fault|
|3 4 2||Internal ice maker fault|
|3 4 3||Internal ice maker fault|
|3 4 4||Internal ice maker fault|
|3 4 5||Internal ice maker fault|
|4 1 1||Internal ice maker fault|
|4 2 1||Internal ice maker fault|
|5 1 1||Main voltage is to high. Check main voltage|
|5 2 1||Main voltage is to low. Check main voltage|
|5 3 1||Internal ice maker fault|
|5 4 1||Internal ice maker fault|
|5 5 1||Internal ice maker fault|
The Crisper Drawers and Chiller Drawer can be removed for cleaning.
- Unplug the appliance or turn off the circuit breaker.
- Remove all food from the appliance and store in a cool location.
- Clean the appliance with a soft cloth, using lukewarm water and a small amount of pH-balanced dishwashing liquid.
- Rub dry when done.
- Wipe the door seal with clear water only and then thoroughly wipe dry.
- After cleaning, reconnect to switch on the appliance.
Solving simple noise problems
- The appliance is not level: Align the appliance using a level. Use the height-adjustable feet.
- The appliance is touching adjacent units or appliances: Move the appliance away from adjacent units or appliances.
- Loose or sticking drawers, baskets or storage areas: Check the removable parts and, if required, reinsert them.
- Receptacles are touching each other: Move bottles or receptacles slightly away from each other
- Droning: Motors are running (e.g. refrigerating units, fan).
- Bubbling, humming or gurgling noises: Refrigerant is flowing through the tubing.
- Clicking: Motor, switches or solenoid valves are switching on/off.
- Cracking: Automatic defrosting is running.
What does E2 mean on a Bosch refrigerator?
What does the E2 error code mean on my Bosch refrigerator? If the E2 error code is showing on the display screen of your Bosch refrigerator, it means the freezer compartment temperature sensor is defective and is unable to properly monitor the temperature.
What is the error code E11 on a Bosch refrigerator?
Display control module is defective. Unplug the refrigerator for 3 minutes to reset the display control module. If the E11 code returns after you restore electrical power, replace the display control module.
- Sharp Washer and Dryer Error Codes List (Troubleshooting Guide) - December 8, 2023
- Amica Washing Machine Error Codes – Troubleshoot Your Washer - November 26, 2023
- Aeg Oven Error Codes – How to Easily Fix Them - November 20, 2023