Kenwood Limited, established in 1947 is a British kitchen appliance manufacturer based in Hampshire. The company is focused on designing, producing, marketing, and selling a wide range of kitchen appliances such as mixers, blenders, kettles, processors, toasters, and even washing machines. With their first product the classic toaster, the company has come a long way in product range and quality.
Their washing machines come with a range of options to choose from, where you cannot just focus on its functions but design impact as well. Offering you all that you need from fully automatic to semi-automatic series. Along with additional features that focus on the type of washing you are focused on.
Kenwood washing machines are top of the line, but they are not free from errors. Some of these errors are completely minor and can be fixed in no time at all. However, to ensure you get it right we suggest you note it down and match it using the list below. Once you have the error code you can easily work your way to the fix. To help you out we have listed down some of the most common error codes for Kenwood Washing Machines.
Your washing machine has some built-in error codes. If it stops working properly the table below shows you which lights will be illuminated and what the possible fault is.
|E01||The door of your machine is not shut properly. Shut the door properly until you hear a click. If your machine persists to indicate the fault, turn off your machine, unplug it and contact the nearest authorised service agent immediately.|
|E02||The water pressure or the water level inside the machine is low. Check the tap is fully turned on. Mains water may be cut-off. If the problem still continues, your machine will stop after a while automatically. Unplug the machine, turn off your tap and contact the nearest authorised service agent.|
|E03||The pump is faulty or pump filter is clogged or electrical connection of the pump is faulty. Clean the pump filter. If the problem persists, contact the nearest authorised service.|
|E04||Your machine has excessive amount of water. Your machine should automatically pump excess water out, if it doesn’t contact the nearest authorised service.|
|E10||Inlet water problem while washing. Open the water tap, to check if the inlet hose is squashed or kinked, check if the filter in the inlet valve is blocked or not; check if the water pressure is too low.|
|E21||Drain water problem while washing. Check if the drain pump is blocked.|
|E30||Door lock problem. Check if the door of the washing machine is closed. Check if the clothes are pinned by the door.|
Problem: Your machine does not start.
- It is not plugged in
- Fuse blown
- Power cut
- Start/Pause button not pressed
- The door is not closed properly
- Programme dial is in the ‘stop’ position
- Plug it in and switch on at the mains
- Replace the fuse
- Check mains power
- Press on Start/Pause button
- Close the door
- Turn the programme dial to the desired position
Problem: Your machine does not intake water
- Water tap is turned off
- Water inlet hose may be twisted
- Water inlet hose clogged
- Valve inlet filter clogged
- The door is not closed properly
- Turn your water tap on
- Check water inlet hose and untwist
- Clean water inlet hose filters
- Clean the valve inlet filters
- Close the door
Problem: Your machine does not discharge water
- Discharging hose is clogged or twisted
- Pump filter clogged
- Check the discharging hose, then either clean or untwist it
- Clean the pump filter
Problem: Your machine vibrates
- The machine is not level
- The transit bolts are still it place
- You have only loaded a very small load so the drum is unbalanced
- Your machine is overloaded or not loaded correctly
- Adjust the feet and level the machine
- Remove the transit bolts
- Add more laundry
- Remove some laundry and load the drum correctly
Problem: Excessive foam is formed in the detergent drawer
- Excessive amount of detergent used
- Wrong detergent used
- Press on Start/Pause button. To eliminate foam formation, mix a spoon of softener with half a litre of water, and pour the mixture in the detergent drawer. After 5-10 minutes, press on Start/Pause button again. In your next washing operation, adjust the detergent dose accordingly
- Use detergents produced only for automatic washing machines in your machine
Problem: Unsatisfactory washing result
- Your laundry is too soiled for the wash programme you have chosen
- Amount of detergent used is insufficient
- You’re machine is overloaded
- The water in your area may be very hard
- You may not have loaded your laundry evenly
- Choose a programme that is suitable
- Adjust the amount of detergent based on the amount the laundry is soiled. Check your detergent instructions, make sure you are adding the correct amount for the weight of your load
- Load the correct weight of laundry. Check the programme table. Not all programmes allow 8 kgs of laundry
- Check the detergent guidelines, you may need to increase the amount of detergent used
- Load your laundry correctly
Problem: The laundry has detergent residue after washing
Possible Causes: Non-dissolving particles of some detergents may stick to your laundry and show as white spots
Remedy: Perform an extra rinse by setting your machine to “Rinse” programme, or clean the spots using a brush after your laundry is dry
Problem: Grey spots appear on the laundry
Possible Causes: The reason for such spots may be oil, cream or ointment
Remedy: Apply the maximum amount of detergent instructed by the detergent manufacturer in the next washing operation
Problem: Spinning operation is not performed or runs late
Possible Causes: No fault. Unbalanced load control system has been activated
Remedy: Unbalanced load control system will try to spread your laundry by tumbling for a while. Spinning operation will begin after your laundry is spread. Place the laundry in the machine in a balanced fashion the next time.
Cleaning the Drain Filter
Before cleaning the drain filter, first start the spin programme, then switch off and unplug the washing machine.
1. Gently Open the Service Flap. Place a suitable container under the service flap to catch the water.
2. Carefully loosen the drain filter. Turn anti-clockwise until the water gently begins to run out, this is normal.
3. Remove the filter once the water has stopped.
4. Remove any lint and debris before carefully replacing the filter.
5. Turn the filter clockwise and screw the filter back into place.
6. Close the service flap
Cleaning the filter net of the water supply hose
1. Turn the water supply off at the tap.
2. Turn the power off. Remove the water supply hose from the tap.
3. Manually remove the filter net located on the tap side of the water supply hose and clean using a small brush (e.g. a toothbrush).
4. Return the filter net to its original position.
5. Re-connect the water supply hose to the tap and turn the tap back on, checking for leaks. Then turn the power back on.
Kenwood Washing Machine Manual PDF
9 thoughts on “Kenwood Washing Machine Error Codes List With Fixes”
Ur article is excellent fulfil all users requirements but unfortunately i haven’t found my error code in it. My fully automatic washing machine giving error E5, and repair man couldn’t find exact fault. Plz help me and tell me what doest E5 error mean?
HI, i have front load washing machine model no, kwmwb7/1000 wel , As soon as the programs are set with the selector switch show on display “end” error, kindly help me, thanks best regards,
Hy dear I have kenwood fully auto machine model no KWM5070FAF machine is showing the error some time E2,E8,E1 and also some water spell from the bottom of machine. Plz let me know what can be the reason also I lost many of that model can I hv manual plz
I have Kenwood kwm 7020faf washing machine ,having error code e5, please help to rectify.
I ve kenwood machine. When we select quick wash,,after some time machine mode changes automatically to other settings.plz guide to fix the problem
I have kenwood top loading automatic machine.it is taking water continuously…even after powered off.it does not take water according to selected water level.during wash rinse n spin continuously taking water.help me please to solve the problem
I have E5 error in my washing machine. What does this error code means
I have fully automatic Kenwood washing machine my machine gave E1 error and when I opened the lid it’s start working again while taking water and my machine doesn’t take water again for rinse after drain
my washing machine KWM7050FAT stops when fast spin is to start. and gives error code E5 which i cant understand. what is the reason?