Bosch is a Germany-based corporation that focuses on technology solutions in sectors such as industrial technology, consumer goods, mobility, and others. Owned by Robert Bosch Stiftung GmbH, it has 11 different corporations working under its umbrella. Making it a large firm that covers a wide range of productions under different roofs.
Bosch is a leading manufacturer that offers a wide range of appliances, which include but are not limited to washers. These top-of-the-line washers are not your everyday appliance and need a little attention if you wish to keep them running without a hitch. That being said, there are times when you can do everything right and still end up with an error message.
Bosch washers are a reliable addition to your home, but there are times when you will see an issue with their workings. To help you out we have listed down some of the most common error codes for Bosch Washers. Start by noting down the error code, and match it using the list below. Once you have the error code you can finally get an answer to your questions. One that can help you determine your next step.
|F01||Water intake timeout (Faulty Aquastop)|
|F04||Motor fault (No tacho signal)|
|F05||Uncontrolled motor startup High resistance connections|
|F06||Short on NTC|
|F07||Open circuit NTC|
|F08||Door open when program started|
|F10||Communication error. In main program after 11 minutes. In test after 1.5 minutes|
|F11||Overheating Heat sink or motor control PCB. Fault detected eight times|
|F12||Short circuit. Motor faulty. Free running diode faulty|
|F13||Mains voltage too high|
|F14||Mains voltage too low|
|F15||Faulty temperature sensor on motor PCB|
|F16||Faulty rinse sensor|
|F18||Pump/ Drain time-out|
|F23||Flooded base s/w activated|
|F42, F43, F44||Motor fault indicated|
Information on the display panel
Display: – P – and ο
Cause/Remedy: The door is unlocked. It is possible to add laundry.
Display: – P –
- The temperature is too high. Wait until the temperature drops.
- The water level is too high. It is not possible to add laundry. Close the door immediately, if necessary. Press the ‘Start/Pause’ button to continue the programme.
Display: Θ flashes
- Laundry may be caught. Open and close the door again and press the ‘Start/Pause’ button.
- If necessary, push the door closed or remove some laundry and then push it closed again.
- If necessary, switch the appliance off and on again; set the programme and make your individual settings; start the programme.
Display: τ lights up
- Turn on the tap fully,
- Supply hose kinked/trapped,
- The water pressure is too low. Clean the filter
- The drain pump is blocked. Clean the drain pump.
- The drain hose/drain pipe is blocked. Clean the drain hose at the siphon
Cause/Remedy: There is water in the base trough, the appliance is leaking. Turn off the tap. Call customer services.
Display: →(Childproof )
Cause/Remedy: The childproof lock is activated – deactivate it.
Display: ∪ lights up
Cause/Remedy: Too must foam has been detected and an additional rinse cycle has been activated. Add less detergent to the next washing cycle with the same load
Cause/Remedy: The washing machine door is unlocked. It is possible to add laundry.
- The temperature is too high. Wait until the temperature falls.
- Water level too high. Not possible to add laundry. If necessary, close the washing machine door immediately. To continue the programme, press ‘Start/ Reload’ button.
Display: E 17
- Turn the water tap on fully
- The supply hose is kinked/trapped
- The water pressure is too low
Display: ( : )
Cause/Remedy: The mains voltage is too low
Cause/Remedy: Undervoltage in the wash programme. The programme is extended.
Display: E 93 (Displayed at end of first cycle without hot water. Not displayed in subsequent cycles if hot water is not available. Reset after second cycle with hot water)
- Hot water tap not turned on
- Supply hose for hot water kinked or pinched closed
- Hot water pressure too low
- Strainer in water supply hose clogged
- Turn on the hot water tap
- Eliminate the cause, replace the hose if damaged
- Eliminate the cause
- Connect both supply hoses (hot and cold water) for hot water appliances
Display: E 32 (alternating display with END when program is finished)
Fault: Not a fault – the unbalanced load detection system has interrupted the spin cycle because the laundry is unevenly distributed
Measure: Distribute small and large items of laundry evenly in the drum. If necessary, start an additional spin program
- E2 Motor fault. Call customer service.
- E3 Close the washing machine door properly; laundry may be caught.
- E5 Open the tap completely, supply hose kinked or trapped; Clean the filter
- E6 Detergent solution pump blocked; Clean the detergent solution pumpblocked; Clean the drainage hose at the siphon
- E8 Turn off the tap and call customer service.
Bosch Washing Machine Troubleshooting
|Water is leaking out||Attach/replace the drainage hose correctly|
|No water supply. Detergent not dispensed||1. Start/Reload button not pressed? 2. Tap not turned on? 3. Filter blocked? Clean the filter|
|Washing machine door cannot be opened||Is the Childproof lock activated? To deactivate|
|Detergent solution is not emptied||Clean the detergent solution pump|
|Water not visible in the drum||Not a fault – water below the visible area|
|Spin result not satisfactory. Laundry wet/too damp||Not a fault – the unbalanced load detection system has interrupted the spin because the laundry is unevenly distributed. Distribute large and small items of laundry evenly in the drum|
|Spin cycle started and stopped several times||Not a fault – the unbalanced-load detection system is adjusting the imbalance.|
|The programme duration is longer than usua||Not a fault – the foam detection system active – adds an additional rinse cycle|
|The programme duration changes during the wash cycle||Not a fault – the programme sequence is optimised for the particular washing process. This may lead to occasional changes in the programme duration in the display panel|
|Residual water in the compartment (flower) for care products||Clean the insert if necessary|
|The symbol (foam) flashes in the display panel. Foam may escape from the detergent drawer||Too much detergent used?|
|Intense noise, vibrations and "wandering" during spinning||Is the appliance levelled? Level the appliance|
|Display panel/indicator lamps do not function during operation||Circuit breakers tripped? Switch the circuit breakers back on or replace them|
|Detergent residues on the laundry||Occasionally, phosphate-free detergents contain water-insoluble residues|
|NO appears on the display panel in reload model||Water level too high. Not possible to add laundry. Close the washing machine door immediately, if necessary|
What is the error code f01 on a Bosch washing machine?
Error F01: Water Intake Timeout. Like many errors there is a number of reasons this could be happening some common problems include a faulty tap, damaged hose, blocked filter or low water pressure.
What does a flashing key symbol mean on a Bosch washing machine?
When the child lock is activated, there will be a key symbol in the display and all the washing machine buttons will be disabled. To deactivate the child lock, press and hold the start button for three to five seconds. After this time you will hear an audible beep and the key symbol will disappear.
How do I reset my Bosch washing machine?
Press the "Start/Pause" button. Turn the cycle selector to the "Off" position. Turn the cycle selector to a new cycle. A light will begin to flash. Press the "Start/Pause" button to begin the new cycle.
Bosch Waschine Machine Manual and Installation PDF
Bosch Waschine Use and Care Manual, Installation Instructions PDF
5 thoughts on “Bosch Washing Machine Error Codes – Problems and Meanings (2023 Fix)”
How do I deactivate Child lock?
Can you reset the washing machine?
C8 error code
F21 showing on the display Have tried resetting but door still wont open Help