Bosch is a Germany-based corporation that focuses on technology solutions in sectors such as industrial technology, consumer goods, mobility, and others. Owned by Robert Bosch Stiftung GmbH, it has 11 different corporations working under its umbrella. Making it a large firm that covers a wide range of productions under different roofs.
Bosch is a leading manufacturer that offers a wide range of appliances, which include but are not limited to washers. These top-of-the-line washers are not your everyday appliance and need a little attention if you wish to keep them running without a hitch. That being said, there are times when you can do everything right and still end up with an error message.
Bosch washers are a reliable addition to your home, but there are times when you will see an issue with their workings. To help you out we have listed down some of the most common error codes for Bosch Washers. Start by noting down the error code, and match it using the list below. Once you have the error code you can finally get an answer to your questions. One that can help you determine your next step.
|F01||Water intake timeout (Faulty Aquastop)|
|F04||Motor fault (No tacho signal)|
|F05||Uncontrolled motor startup High resistance connections|
|F06||Short on NTC|
|F07||Open circuit NTC|
|F08||Door open when program started|
|F10||Communication error. In main program after 11 minutes. In test after 1.5 minutes|
|F11||Overheating Heat sink or motor control PCB. Fault detected eight times|
|F12||Short circuit. Motor faulty. Free running diode faulty|
|F13||Mains voltage too high|
|F14||Mains voltage too low|
|F15||Faulty temperature sensor on motor PCB|
|F16||Faulty rinse sensor|
|F18||Pump/ Drain time-out|
|F23||Flooded base s/w activated|
|F42, F43, F44||Motor fault indicated|
Faults and what to do about them.
E.g. in the event of a power cut The programme continues when the power supply is restored. However, if the laundry has to be removed, the washing machine door can be opened as follows:
⇒Warning Risk of scalding!
When you are washing at high temperatures, there is a risk of scalding if you come into contact with hot water and laundry. If possible, leave it to cool down first.
⇒Warning Risk of injury!
You may injure your hands if you reach into the drum while it is turning. Do not reach into the drum when it is turning. Wait until the drum has stopped turning.
Caution! Water damage
Any escaping water may cause water damage. Do not open the door if water can be seen through the glass.
- Switch off the appliance. Pull out the mains plug.
- Drain the water. ~ Page 27
- Pull the emergency release downwards with a tool and release. The door can then be opened.
Information on the display panel
Display: – P – and ο
Cause/Remedy: The door is unlocked. It is possible to add laundry.
Display: – P –
- The temperature is too high. Wait until the temperature drops.
- The water level is too high. It is not possible to add laundry. Close the door immediately, if necessary. Press the ‘Start/Pause’ button to continue the programme.
Display: Θ flashes
- Laundry may be caught. Open and close the door again and press the ‘Start/Pause’ button.
- If necessary, push the door closed or remove some laundry and then push it closed again.
- If necessary, switch the appliance off and on again; set the programme and make your individual settings; start the programme.
Display: τ lights up
- Turn on the tap fully,
- Supply hose kinked/trapped,
- The water pressure is too low. Clean the filter
- The drain pump is blocked. Clean the drain pump.
- The drain hose/drain pipe is blocked. Clean the drain hose at the siphon
Cause/Remedy: There is water in the base trough, the appliance is leaking. Turn off the tap. Call customer services.
Display: →(Childproof )
Cause/Remedy: The childproof lock is activated – deactivate it.
Display: ∪ lights up
Cause/Remedy: Too must foam has been detected and an additional rinse cycle has been activated. Add less detergent to the next washing cycle with the same load
Cause/Remedy: The washing machine door is unlocked. It is possible to add laundry.
- The temperature is too high. Wait until the temperature falls.
- Water level too high. Not possible to add laundry. If necessary, close the washing machine door immediately. To continue the programme, press ‘Start/ Reload’ button.
Display: E 17
- Turn the water tap on fully
- The supply hose is kinked/trapped
- The water pressure is too low
Display: ( : )
Cause/Remedy: The mains voltage is too low
Cause/Remedy: Undervoltage in the wash programme. The programme is extended.
Display: E 93 (Displayed at end of first cycle without hot water. Not displayed in subsequent cycles if hot water is not available. Reset after second cycle with hot water)
- Hot water tap not turned on
- Supply hose for hot water kinked or pinched closed
- Hot water pressure too low
- Strainer in water supply hose clogged
- Turn on the hot water tap
- Eliminate the cause, replace the hose if damaged
- Eliminate the cause
- Connect both supply hoses (hot and cold water) for hot water appliances
Display: E 32 (alternating display with END when program is finished)
Fault: Not a fault – the unbalanced load detection system has interrupted the spin cycle because the laundry is unevenly distributed
Measure: Distribute small and large items of laundry evenly in the drum. If necessary, start an additional spin program
- E2 Motor fault. Call customer service.
- E3 Close the washing machine door properly; laundry may be caught.
- E5 Open the tap completely, supply hose kinked or trapped; Clean the filter
- E6 Detergent solution pump blocked; Clean the detergent solution pumpblocked; Clean the drainage hose at the siphon
- E8 Turn off the tap and call customer service.
Bosch Washing Machine Troubleshooting
Faults: Water is leaking out
- Attach/replace the drainage hose correctly.
- Tighten the screw connection of the supply hose.
Faults: No water supply. Detergent not dispensed.
- Start/Reload button not pressed?
- Tap not turned on?
- Filter blocked? Clean the filter
Faults: Washing machine door cannot be opened.
- Safety function active
- Is the Childproof lock activated? To deactivate: → “Childproof lock”
- – – –δ (Rinse hold = without final spin) selected?
- Can the door be opened by emergency release only?
Faults: Programme does not start
- Start/Reload button pressed or Ready in time selected?
- Washing machine door closed?
- Is the Childproof lock activated? To deactivate: →”Childproof lock”
Faults: Detergent solution is not emptied
- – – – 0 (Rinse hold = without final spin) selected?
- Clean the detergent solution pump
- Clean the waste pipe and/or drainage hose
Faults: Water not visible in the drum
Cause/remedial action: Not a fault – water below the visible area
Faults: Spin result not satisfactory. Laundry wet/too damp.
- Not a fault – the unbalanced load detection system has interrupted the spin because the laundry is unevenly distributed. Distribute large and small items of laundry evenly in the drum.
- Spin speed selected too low?
Faults: Spin cycle started and stopped several times.
Cause/remedial action: Not a fault – the unbalanced-load detection system is adjusting the imbalance.
Faults: The programme duration is longer than usua
- Not a fault – the unbalanced-load detection system is adjusting the imbalance by repeatedly distributing the laundry.
- Not a fault – the foam detection system active – adds an additional rinse cycle.
Faults: The programme duration changes during the wash cycle
Cause/remedial action: Not a fault – the programme sequence is optimised for the particular washing process. This may lead to occasional changes in the programme duration in the display pane
Faults: Residual water in the compartment (flower) for care products
- Not a fault – the effect of the care product is not affected.
- Clean the insert if necessary
Faults: Odours in the washing machine
Cause/remedial action: Run the Θ Drum clean programme without laundry. Use standard detergent
Faults: The symbol (foam) flashes in the display panel. Foam may escape from the detergent drawer.
- Too much detergent used?
- Mix one tablespoon of fabric softener with 1/2 litre water and pour into compartment ‘pause’ (not for outdoor fabrics, sportswear fabrics or those made with down) Reduce the detergent dosage for the next wash cycle.
- Improper detergent use? Only use detergent suitable for front-loading washing machines
Faults: Intense noise, vibrations and “wandering” during spinning
- Is the appliance levelled? Level the appliance
- Are the appliance feet fixed? Secure the appliance fee
- Transport locks removed? Remove the transport locks
Faults: Display panel/indicator lamps do not function during operation
- Power cut?
- Circuit breakers tripped? Switch the circuit breakers back on or replace them
- If the fault occurs repeatedly, call the after-sales service
Faults: Detergent residues on the laundry
- Occasionally, phosphate-free detergents contain water-insoluble residues
- Select Rinse/Freshen up or brush the laundry after washing
Faults: NO appears on the display panel in reload model
- Water level too high. Not possible to add laundry. Close the washing machine door immediately, if necessary
- To continue the programme, press Start/Reload
Faults: YES appears on the display panel in reload model
Cause/remedial action: The washing machine door is unlocked. It is possible to add laundry
Faults: The colon in the “Ready in” display (:) flashes on the display panel.
Cause/remedial action: The mains voltage is too low
Faults: The single dot (.) flashes
Cause/remedial action: The undervoltage has caused the wash programme to be extended
If you cannot correct a fault yourself (after switching off/on) or a repair is required:
- Set the programme selector to off position. The appliance is switched off.
- Unplug the mains plug from the socket.
- Turn off the tap and call the after-sales service