Dyson air purifiers, while providing users with a comfortable indoor air experience, may encounter error codes from time to time. These codes can affect the proper functioning of the device and cause concern for users. Typically indicating technical issues, these error codes express factors hindering the smooth operation of the device. This article will concentrate on common error codes for Dyson air purifiers, offering information on addressing these issues to help users navigate and resolve technical challenges.
Faults codes will be displayed as per the following format: 00X-0X-0X-X. In most cases it is only necessary to recognise the first three digits to determine the fault.
- F1: An F1 message indicates an issue with the Piezo. Turn off & unplug the machine, leave it for 60 seconds and then retest. This process may need to be repeated up to 3 times.
- F2: An F2 message indicates an issue with the UV-C emitter. Turn off & unplug the machine, leave it for 60 seconds and then retest. This process may need to be repeated up to 3 times.
- F3: A F3 failure message means the appliance is too cold. The appliance will operate when it is above 5°C (41°F). If your machine displays an error code F3, please turn the power off and unplug the machine for 60 seconds. Increase room temperature to 5°C or above before restarting machine. Plug the machine back in and retest. Please repeat this process up to 3 times if your machine continues to display an error code.
- F4: Turn off & unplug the machine, leave it for 60 seconds and then retest. This process may need to be repeated up to 3 times.
- F5: Turn off & unplug the machine, leave it for 60 seconds and then retest. This process may need to be repeated up to 3 times.
- Any codes starting with 002 except 002-02-01-2; Motor and Bucket assembly
- 002-02-01-2; Lower body service assy or Oscillation motor control harness
- Any codes starting with 003; Main PCB assembly
- Any codes starting with 004; LCD display service assembly or Main PCB assembly
- Any codes starting with 005; Main PCB assembly
- Any codes starting with 006; Main PCB assembly
- Any codes starting with 007; Power supply unit or Main PCB assembly
- Any codes starting with 008; Dust sensor service assembly or Sensor input service assembly or Sensor PCB service assembly
- Any codes starting with 009 except 009-01-01-1; Wifi harness assembly
- 009-01-01-1; Motor and Bucket assembly
Remote Control Instructions
How To Use Without Remote?
- Press the power button on the appliance to turn ON/OFF.
- Press and hold the stand by button on the appliance to adjust the target temperature. The target temperature will increase to a maximum before decreasing. If the target temperature is set at 0°C it will switch from heating to cool mode.
- The airflow, diffused and focused modes, oscillation function and sleep timer controls cannot be operated without the remote
What is the E code on the Dyson Air Purifier?
If you see a flashing ‘E’ when trying to use the appliance, it is unable to do what has been requested.
If you see a solid ‘E’ when trying to use the appliance, it shows the appliance has stopped functioning correctly.
Make sure you have checked the following:
- The room temperature is above 5°C.
- There are no blockages in the inlet grille or loop amplifier outlet.
- The filter has been correctly assembled and doesn’t need to be replaced.
- The appliance is correctly plugged in directly to the wall outlet.
If the message still displays, unplug and leave for 10 seconds before turning on again. If the problem persists, please call the Dyson helpline.
Display Symbols Meaning
When encountering any error code, it’s advisable to start with these general troubleshooting steps:
- Turn off the purifier and unplug it from the power source.
- Inspect the device for any visible damage or obstructions.
- Clean the exterior of the purifier using a soft cloth.
- Check the user manual for specific guidance on the encountered error code.
1. Can I use my Dyson Air Purifier without a filter?
No, using the purifier without a filter can affect its performance and may lead to errors. Always ensure the filter is properly installed and clean.
2. Why does my Dyson Air Purifier make a rattling noise?
A rattling noise could indicate a loose component or debris within the purifier. Check for any loose parts and remove any obstructions.
3. How often should I replace the filters?
Filter replacement frequency varies based on usage and environmental conditions. Refer to your purifier’s user manual for specific recommendations.
4. Can I wash the filters?
It depends on the model. Some filters are washable, while others are not. Refer to the user manual for guidance on cleaning and maintenance.
- LG Dehumidifier Error Codes – How to Easily Fix Them - December 4, 2023
- DirecTV Error Codes List: Troubleshooting and Solution - December 4, 2023
- Hulu Error Codes List: Understanding and Troubleshooting - December 3, 2023