Kenmore Elite Dishwashers may occasionally exhibit problems that are unrelated to a malfunction of the dishwasher itself. The following information may help you with a dishwasher problem without involving a repair professional. Do Not call for service until you have checked the points listed below.
|F1E1||Stuck relay on the electronic control board|
|F1E2||Damaged or corrupted memory on control board. Incompatible software components inside microprocessor.|
|F2E1||Stuck button on the user interface control|
|F2E2||User interface control can't communicate with electronic control board|
|F3E1||Thermistor/OWI sensor failure|
|F3E2||Shorted thermistor/OWI sensor|
|F3E3||OWI failed to calibrate or the drain hose check valve failed, allowing dirty water to backflow into the dishwasher|
|F4E1||Communication error between the electronic control board and the circulation pump motor|
|F4E2||Communication error between the electronic control board and the circulation pump motor|
|F5E1||Door switch failure|
|F5E2||Control detects door not opening|
|F6E2||Water inlet valve failure|
|F6E3||Suds or air are in the water pump|
|F6E4||The float switch is open|
|F6E6||Incoming water is too cold|
|F6E7||Disconnected or damaged flow meter|
|F6E8||Problem with water softener regeneration valve|
|F7E1||Heating element doesn't work|
|F7E2||Heating element won't shut off|
|F8E2||Drain pump electrical problem|
|F9E1||Electronic control board can't detect the position of the diverter disc|
|F9E2||Diverter motor is stuck on|
|FAE1||Detergent dispenser failure|
|FAE2||Vent wax motor electrical problem|
|FAE3||Drying fan failure|
Kenmore Dishwasher Features
- Noise Reduction System: A two-pump motor system, the Suspended Motor and triple insulation make this dishwasher one of the quietest in North America.
- Stainless Steel Giant Tub: A rust-free, hygienic interior surface with a lifetime warranty.
- Nylon Coated Racks: Eliminate cuts and nicks, and have a five year warranty.
- Concealed Heating Element: Heats water up to a sanitizing temperature.
- Condensation Drying: A high temperature final rinse, a low temperature stainless steel tub, and the sheeting action of a rinse agent result in drying that is hygienic, energy efficient, and economical.
- SmartSensor: Checks water condition and decides whether a second fresh water fill is necessary.
- Triple Filtration System: Multiple filters ensure distribution of clean water and protect the main pump and the drain pump from foreign material.
- Water Shut-Off: A safety feature that stops the flow of incoming water, if water is detected in the base of the dishwasher.
- Time Delay: This option allows you to delay the start time of your dishwasher.
- Upper Rack & Lower Rack Flip Tines: Increase the rack flexibility to accommodate larger/taller items.
- Half Load: Reduces the energy and water consumption when washing small, lightly soiled loads.
- Adjustable Racks: The top rack can be raised or lowered to accommodate tall items in the top and bottom racks.
Loading the Dishwasher
Kenmore Dishwasher Troubleshooting
Dishwashers may occasionally exhibit problems that are unrelated to a malfunction of the dishwasher itself. The following information may help you with a dishwasher problem without involving a repair professional.
|Dishwasher does not start||Door may not be properly latched. Shut the door completely.|
|Dishwasher beeping (end of cycle signal)||Default factory settings alert the customer that the cycle has completed by beeping. This feature can be deactivated if so desired.|
|Display does not illuminate or console lights are not on||A fuse may have been blown or circuit breaker tripped. Check the fuse or circuit breaker box and replace the fuse or reset the breaker if necessary.|
|Dishwasher seems to run a long time||Incoming water is not warm enough. Before starting a cycle, run hot water faucet at the sink nearest to the dishwasher.|
|Dishes aren't getting clean enough||Spray arm movement is obstructed. Ensure that spray arm movement is not blocked by hand rotating spray arms.|
|Dishes are not getting dry enough||Rinse agent dispenser is empty. (Rinse agent in- dicator is activated). Add rinse agent. The use of rinse agent improves drying.|
|Odor||Food debris is present at the bottom of the dishwasher. Remove the filters.|
|Water Leaks||1. Suds 2. Door seal could be pulled away from track. 3. Condensation vent is blocked. 4. Improper installation.|
|Tub stains||Stains on the dishwasher interior are due to hardness of water.|
Latest posts by Dylan Joseph (see all)