The error codes listed below may appear on the display. Firstly press Alarm Reset and contact Midea Customer Care if the error code still displays after you have reset the alarm.
|Failure Code||Sensor Failure|
|E1||Chilling chamber. Incasement sensor failure.|
|E2||Refrigerating chamber. Incasement sensor failure.|
|E3||Temperature-variablechamber. Incasement sensor failure.|
|E4||Chilling defrost sensor. Defrost sensor failure.|
|E5||Refrigerating defrost sensor. Defrost sensor failure.|
|E7||Ambient temperature sensor. Ambient temperature sensor failure.|
|EA||High temp. alarm of refrigerating chamber.|
If you think something may be wrong with your refrigerator, you can carry out some easy checks before calling for service. You may locate the problem and spare yourself from inconvenience, saving time and money.
Symptom: Refrigerator is not operating
- Check that the power cord is plugged into the power outlet properly and that the outlet is switched “ON”.
- Try running another appliance from the power outlet. If no power is coming from the outlet you may have blown a fuse or tripped a circuit of your household power supply.
- Try adjusting the temperature control to a slightly “colder” position.
Symptom: Unusual noise
- The flow of refrigerant through the pipeline coil could cause gurgling, similar to water boiling. This is the normal function of the appliance.
- It is quite normal for noise to seem louder just after the refrigerator starts operating.
- Other strange sounds may mean that you need to check and take action.
Symptom: Compressor seems to run more than expected
- Are doors kept open too long or too often?
- Are controls set too cold?
- Have large amounts of warm food just recently been stored?
- If the day is hot or the room is very warm, the refrigerator will need to run more than normal.
- The refrigerator will run more than normal just after you install it or when it has been turned off for a long time.
Symptom: Temperature in the refrigerator is too warm
- Check that the appliance has enough clearance at the sides, back and top.
- Refer to “Controlling the temperature” on page 8.
- You may have kept the door open too long or too frequently.
- Food containers or packaging may be holding a door open.
Symptom: Food is frozen inside the refrigerator compartment
Suggestion: Check if the food is placed near the air outlet.
Symptom: The door will not close
- Check whether the front of the refrigerator is tilted back slightly to allow the doors to self close.
- Check whether something is holding the door open.
The following cases are not malfunctions: Moisture may form as condensation on the outside of the appliance during humid conditions. To remove excess moisture, wipe clean. It is normal that the sides of the appliance and the turnover beam will get warm as a result of the refrigeration system operation. The appliance operation could cause electrical interference to electrical equipment.
How do I reset my freezer to factory defaults?
- Press and hold Lock for three seconds to unlock the control panel.
- Press the Lock and ^ buttons at the same time for three seconds to reset the freezer to factory defaults. The panel beeps and all of the indicators turn on for three seconds. If the compressor is running, it pauses for five minutes, then restsrts.
Midea Side by Side Refrigerator USER MANUAL PDF
4 thoughts on “Midea Refrigerator Error Codes List With Fixes”
Midea Refrigerators Error Codes E2 , E5
HOW I CAN FIX ?
I did not see the code E 0 that appeared on the refrigerator, after I defrosted the refrigerator , to free up the evaporator fan. I melted the iced topping inside of the refrigerator . How does this happen?
good morning. my freedge had apperead the error 5. what can i do, please?
hi, thanks for asking, e5 error mean; defrost sensor of the refrigerator has failed. have a good day!